Company Let FAQs

London HMO Property Professionals
Image module

Who are you and how long has your company been around?

HighTop was incorporated on the 3rd April 2013. You can see us listed on Companies House here;

What is a relocation agent?

A relocation agency is a company that provides a service to organisations that tend to hire contractors. One of the issues organisations face when hiring contractors from outside London; is where the contractor will stay during their 6 month or even 2 year contract.

One option of course is for the organisation to pay for them to stay in a hotel. This is not only expensive, but is also not much fun for the contractor! We provide a solution. Organisations pay us premium rent to house their employee for a minimum of 6 months. In return we provide good accommodation, fully furnished, in a good location and pay all the bills – so it’s hassle free for everyone.

I have never done a company let before, how does it work?

It is very simple – we, the company, are your tenant. You will be assigned a property manager who you will be able to contact at any time during the tenancy. For the benefits of renting to us please see the next question.

What are the benefits of me renting to you rather than a normal tenant?

We are very different from a standard professional tenant. Firstly, we rent properties for between 3 and 5 years; therefore you will have no voids during that period. This means no missing out on rent, no agent fees, no hassle.

Again, very different to a normal tenant, during the tenancy we will:
• Carry out any maintenance jobs costing £100 or less. Free of charge.
• Get the property professionally cleaned twice a month to ensure the property looks great consistently.
• Email you a monthly property report that will include up to date internal pictures of your property so you know it’s being looked after.

Before the tenancy begins we will:
• Deep clean and carpet clean the entire property – for free.
• Conduct any light maintenance works that needs to be done, for example painting / carpentry – for free.
• Arrange, coordinate and pay for the HMO license (if applicable) and handle any works the council request us to do – for free.
• Organise and pay for the Gas Safety Certificate.

How do I know you can afford the rent?

We have an annual turnover of over £1,200,000. We also own £1,4000,000 worth of assets. Imagine you had a professional tenant with that level of income and assets.

Who are the tenants?

We the company are your tenants.

Who are your tenants?

Our tenants are always fully employed professionals. Each undergoes professional credit checks before we let them move in. Sometimes their company will pay the rent directly to us, and guarantee the rent to us, like we guarantee the rent to you.

How long will your tenants stay?

Our tenant’s sign a minimum of a 6 month contract, however on average our tenants tend to stay for over 1 year.

What if you don’t rent out all the rooms, will I still get all my rent on time?


What if you have a problem tenant, will they become my problem?

No! Firstly we have never had any problem tenants; secondly if we did, they would be our problem – not yours. You would still receive all your rent money each month on time.

Can I chat to other landlords you work with?

Yes you can upon request. We work with another 40 or so landlords in South West London.

What is a HMO?

HMO stands for ‘House in Multiple Occupation’. A House in Multiple Occupation is a property rented out by 3 people or more, who are not in the same family, yet share facilities like the bathroom and kitchen.

Will I need a HMO license?

If your HMO is rented to 5 or more tenants and is not in a purpose built flat you will need a HMO license. You may even need a license if your property is rented to less than 5 people. If we going to rent your property and it needs a HMO license we will arrange, coordinate and pay for the HMO license and handle any works the council request us to do – for free.